Pages

February 16, 2012

Health Assesment

Our insurance requires us to have a yearly physical (we get a discount if we do!). So 2 weeks ago I went. Blood Pressure 104/72, Cholesterol 162, Weight 154... 154 Yikes! So I have definitely put on some pounds. I wish it was muscle, then I would not care. But the fact that I can't fit into any of my summer shorts lets me know that I have to shed a few inches because I can not afford new clothes. I don't care about the number because I know it's in the healthy range for my height. What I do care about is that most of my clothes no longer fit and I am tired all of the time. Key phrase is that I am tired ALL of the time. I had the Dr test my iron, thyroid, and b12 which all came back fine. So maybe it's just laziness? It seems like I was tired even when I was in good shape but I have decided that I have to try again because living the lazy life just makes me feel worse. I don't want to have a goal weight because my goal is to loose inches, not pounds, and add some muscle. I am terrible about keeping up with my blog but I do like to look back and see progress I have made. So I post my weight today hoping that in a few months I will see improvement... and who knows I might be back to blog about it along the way.

2 comments:

stephensfamilyzoo said...

Lisa, I so appreciate your honesty.. you CAN do it!! I say that as much for myself as for you:) One of my biggest prayers is that I can stay focused and motivated, for I know this will be a battle I fight for the rest of my life. You have the right mindset about the actual "number" of your weight. How tall are you? I am 5'8" and had gotten over 200. I have set a goal weight for myself, but it's more to serve as a point of reference for what will be good for me.. I figure I'll know once I'm there:) All the best on your journey! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I am 5'10" so I do not look, to others, like I need to loose anything. But I know my family history and I know how just a little bit of extra weight can creep up until one day I would wake up and say "How did this happen!?". I have a goal weight in my mind but if I reach the inches I want before the weight then I would be very happy. Which reminds me, I still need to measure.