Pages

February 27, 2012

Feel the Burn

I ran yesterday so I thought I might take today off. The more I thought about it the more I realized a little over a mile hardly counts as something that I need a day off from. So around 1:30, when I usually would be ready to take a nap, I put on some shorts and my running shoes... drove to the park and ran 5 laps, which equal 2 miles!! My first mile was 10:10!! Finally under 11 minutes!! I did not time my second mile because I wasn't even planning on running it. Who cares what my time was. I was just happy to go 2!

Ok, so yes I ran the whole first mile. Started walking and then realized I needed to at least try to go a little more. Got to a good beat on my playlist and before I knew it I was finishing up mile two (walked just a tiny bit during mile 2). But I can only get better from here. My next step is to run 2 miles without walking and then push it to 3 miles. I am going to work on a 10 to 11 min mile pace for now. Once I hit 3 miles then I will try to shave off time. I am not looking to run a marathon so 3 miles sounds like a great goal for now. The first 5k I ever ran was finished in about 32 min so I would love to get to the point where I could beat that time.

No comments: