Jake suggested that we start a running diary so that we can all (Jake, Caleb, and myself) keep up with the miles we run per week. This is a great idea! Then when I remember I can transfer them on to here. I ran today but it was a new course for me and I read the sign wrong. I though I ran 2 miles but it was probably more like 1.5 - 1 3/4. Whatever it was it took me 20min 31sec. I decided today that my favorite place to run is a wooded, dirt/gravel trail. We have a park not to far from our house that I think is wonderful but it makes Jake nervous for me to go there alone. The park today was nice but most of the path is paved :( However it is much better than the other park I have been running at that is also paved and I have to run 3 laps just to make 1 mile... BORING!!
So how's the weight loss going. Jake is almost under 220 for the first time in several years! I lost 4 pounds since my first post on the 16th and I have been holding steady. I measured myself the other day so I can start keeping up with that as well. Like I said, it's not about the pounds; it's about the inches. I don't even have a goal for how many inches to loose. I just want to see the layer of fat replaced by semi-toned skin with some type of muscle underneath (not looking for a six pack). To me it's very frustrating when people look at me and say you don't need to loose anything... or you don't need to diet. Tall people can hide it better. We look thin until one day "Poof" there is a big ole belly. My family has a history of skinny arms, legs, and no bottom. All of the fat cells collect around the belly and moved towards the back... we don't really get fat in our faces either but just put on water weight. From what I have heard is that belly fat is the worst! So in order to prevent that build-up that can takes years to shed I would like to diet and exercise now.
A couple of products we have used to kick start our diet/exercise:
Slim-Fast Plan: We are trying to follow it but it's not always easy. I have had great success with it before.
5-hour energy and Spark (by AdvoCare): To try to combat my lack of energy I have taken 1 dose of one of the energy supplements around 2pm several days this week. It has helped a lot!! I don't really feel like I have extra energy but it kept me focused and not taking a nap!
Green Tea with Ginger and Ginseng: Instead of drinking one of the above energy supplements today I drank this and it seemed to have the same effect. A whole lot cheaper (and I am sure healthier) so I will stick with this as long as it's working. I will have to update later on to let you know if it's still helping.
No comments:
Post a Comment