Pages

February 16, 2012

Ha Ha

I will begin by laughing because it's that bad. I was all "athletic", did my triathlon, and then... nothing. August 8th, 2010 was my first and only sprint triathlon and I was apparently to tired to even blog about it. I did great, stunk at the swimming but made it through, did awesome on the bike and decent on the run and I finished in the middle of the pack. So why did I just stop everything after that? Maybe it was the fact that it was volleyball season and I had no one to watch the kids so I could continue to train or the fact that I just became straight up lazy. So now Feb, 2012 - almost 20 pounds heavier - I am ready to get active again.

I ran once in January. I ran a mile in a little under 11 minutes. Then I got sick, stayed sick for a month so I did not do anything. A couple days ago I broke out my Billy Blanks and did my 8 min Tae Bo workout. Yesterday morning Jake and I got up early and did the workout together. Then last night we made up our own "Just Move" workout. We joked about posting a how to video online but I think I can explain it. You just get up off your lazy tail and move. As we watched tv we walked laps (big or little living room it does not matter as long as you are moving), then we did some stairs (Now don't laugh because that's not nice). I would like to say we finished it off with some crunches and push-ups but I felt like I was going to fall asleep as I was walking so I will have to add that to todays routine. So far today I ran 1 mile, it took me almost 11 minutes but I was up and moving and that's what matters. I plan to watch my caloric intake today because I am pretty sure the potato chips I ate yesterday minused out any exercise I did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you can do it! I need to get active too. It's so hard! You'd think being a stay at home mom it'd be easier, but no.