He has inspired me! I have been semi training with him... mainly the running and swimming part. I say semi because I have not been as serious about it as him. But I have stepped it up a bit. I have a simple training plan I found online that if I stick to it I will be ready to do a sprint tri in 12 weeks. I have my goal set for a tri in September. I don't know if I will actually do that one but my goal is to be ready for one by then and then I will continue to train all winter for a spring sprint triathlon. Jake and I want to do a triathlon together this spring in Atlanta. It is fun training with my best friend... our jobs are to encourage... never discourage each other from reaching our goals.
Caleb is also thinking about doing a kids triathlon. Yes, they have kids tri's!! It would be so much fun watching Caleb compete and finish his first tri!! He has a friend from school who has already competed in several, his dad is big time into the sport. I watched several moms and dads competing in the Callaway Gardens triathlon with their kids. I guess this is our families new hobby and just a great way to stay in shape!
Just to stop any confusion, right now we are focused on sprint triathlons. These are just a fraction of the distance of the ironman kind, like the one you see on tv in Hawaii. I don't know that I would ever want to compete at that level!! Jake maybe, me no thanks! Jake has his eyes set on a half ironman in two years. This would be awesome!! Hard work but just for him to finish would be a big accomplishment.
Hopefully I will be back on here in September saying I am ready to compete! I have a countdown on the side of the page and I am reminding myself daily that I want to do this and I want to finish!! I think I have myself in an ok routine right now but will try to improve it when school starts. I just have to stay focused and positive!... I am such a beginner and I have a ways to go but I have 94 days to get there! 1/4 mile swim, 9 mile bike, 2 mile run!
No comments:
Post a Comment