Today was Jake's day off. He is not teaching, he is not here doing daddy/husband stuff. It is his day to relax. He is with a friend. They started the day off by going to a PGA Golf store somewhere near Atlanta. After Jake has had his swing analyzed and has done his window shopping they will be heading to the golf course. The last time Jake played a round of golf was in the summer of 2007, I think. So he should be having a lot of fun right now :) hahaha. The kids and I started our day by going for a nice walk around the loop at Praters Mill. It is a nature walk that goes along the river. It was a bit chilly but we were prepared and we really enjoyed our time together. When we began our walk Caleb stopped by the water and said mommy can we pray here? Of course we stopped and prayed, thanking God for the weather, the beautiful nature we were surrounded by, and then Caleb added to the end, "Please be with daddy today and do not let him get hit with a golf club." I wish I could record his prayers because he can come up with some fun stuff :)We are home now and the boys are finishing up their game time before they head outside to play with the neighbor kid. I think I will go out and rescue some hostas and lilies. I planted them last fall in a place that I thought would make a great flower bed. I did not realize that the neighbor kids would be tramping through that area and pulling up plants and breaking the trees we planted. So today I will begin rescure efforts to save my plants. I will begin the yard work so that Jake can mow the grass when he gets home... he promised he would! I usually mow the grass, I enjoy the quite time in the sun but Jake has told me he wants to do it today so I will step aside and let him :) I guess I need to go make sure the oil filter is clean and that there is enough gas for him to mow the whole yard!
No comments:
Post a Comment