Sam and Rose arrived and we all visited. Family members began to show up and we had the Rehearsal. Caleb was to be the ring bearer but seeing all these strange faces he began to shy away. He did not want to walk in front of all these people (and this is just the rehearsal). So my mom came up with a plan. Let's bribe him. First attempt to bribe I offered him $5. I said this is enough to buy you one of the small Bionicles you want. He said NO I need a $10 to buy a Big Bionicle. My little deal maker! That was to much for me. I said I guess they don't need a ring bearer.
The next day... wedding day! It seemed like any ordinary day. Sam, Rose, her brother and I worked on piecing together the edges of a puzzle. Then they sat and played Magic the gathering while Jake and I took Taryn down to the river to play. Oh, I forgot to say that after the rehearsal my aunt took the boys for dinner, putt-putt, and a night at the Motel. It was nice to have a break but I missed my boys. Now back to
The Lodge was up on the mountain behind my grandparents cabin but we had to meet at a local church to take a shuttle bus up. A shuttle bus up a mountain... on a one lane road... a bit scary but you could tell this driver was very experienced on this road. The Lodge itself used to be down the mountain. The owner had it moved piece by piece up the mountain and I am glad they did... the views were amazing!
As we were all enjoying our dinner Sam's friends (who will remain nameless) were enjoying some pancakes and shaving cream :) Caleb came running around the corner, "Mommy, you have to see this!! You have to see what they did to the green car!!"
To view more pictures from the wedding please visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisadickey/ . Remember to scroll through the pages because I took lots of pictures. I will try to remember to post more links to their photos from family and friends as they become available.
2 comments:
It sounds like you all had such a wonderful time. I'm so impressed with Caleb's bargaining ability!
Caleb really surprised me with his bargaining skills. But now I worry about what he will demand for things to come :)
Post a Comment