Today was a good day. We went to church as usual. After church I played with the kids on the playground. To see their happy faces as they swing just made my day. My family took me to Zaxby's for lunch... I know most of you get to eat there anytime you want but Zaxby's is fine dining for a stay at home mom of 3 :) Then when we got home I got to relax. Taryn took a nap and the boys played with Jake while I enjoyed some time to myself. I laid on the back deck for 2 hours just enjoying the sun and the sound of the wind... and the wind was (is) blowing today! I may have dosed off now and then but just to be outside alone with God's trees swaying in the wind was amazing. For the first time in weeks I was able to completely clear my mind... the only thoughts I had were of the wind blowing the leaves and how much it looked and sounded like waves.
Then it was back to reality... I came in from my time of meditation to go to a meeting at the church with other young families and half of the elders. I won't go into any detail here. We get home and there is a knock at the door. It was our neighbor... his dog had been... let's just say murdered. How awful!!! Our poor neighbor... let's just say it is rough working in the prison... you make some enemies :(
Well, as I write all this sad stuff I look back and this is what I see.... I LOVE MY KIDS!!!
All things considered... I had a great mothers day!
No comments:
Post a Comment