It is about 1 month until my triathlon. I am beginning to gain more respect for the sport and those who actually can compete to win. I have finally finished all three parts doing the full distances but on separate days. Based on my times... let's just say it will be amazing just to cross the finish line!! I am not worried about the 400 meter swim, I think I will be middle of my age group. I may even shave a few seconds off because I won't have to make the turns like in the swimming pool. The bike will be a little harder. Biking for speed is something new to me. I did 8.2 miles in the SHS parking lots today. The slope of the parking lot started to get to me after 4 miles but I pressed on! Luckily the tri bike will be on flat roads! Either way after swimming my bike time will probably be towards the bottom of my age group. Then comes the running :( It's only 2 miles but after swimming and biking 2 miles it is beginning to sound like a difficult task. I will get out there and try my best! Whatever time I finish with I will know that there is plenty of room for improvement!!
Best times as of today:
Swim 10:33
Bike 34:00
Run 24:40
Including 5 minutes for T1+T2 this would be a 1:13:73 finish time. Based on last years times I would have been 31/36 for females age 25 to 29 and 594/668 overall.
Caleb's first tri is in September. Since he has a broken arm we don't have a swim time for him... only 9 more days until the cast comes off!! The day the cast comes off he will begin swim training. He has had some impressive times for his 2 mile bike and 500 yard run. Here are his times so we can look back and compare when he gets closer to race day!
Best times as of today:
Swim: N/A
Bike: 9:15
Run: 2:28
Let the training continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment