Pages

June 10, 2008

What a Show!

I grew up with a mother who loved storms. As soon as we heard thunder my brother, my mom and I all ran to the porch swing with a blanket. We sat and marveled at the bright flashes of light and the deep rumbles of thunder. I still love a good storm. I will stand on the back deck watching the storm move in. Then I will move to our tiny front porch where I will sit and watch the rain fall down. Our storms are usually just rain and thunder. If I am lucky we will have an occassional flash of lightning.

Tonight was my lucky night. We finally had a lighting storm. It was to the north and to the west so I grabbed my camera and headed to the back deck. I managed to capture two lightning bolt photos and one big flash of light. Follow this link to see the other two photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisadickey/

Mom, thank you for giving me this love for storms.

1 comment:

JShaffer said...

Ooh, I just love a good storm too! Fantastic pictures!